Integrating mindfulness into organizations is a relatively new trend. But it is - just like resilience - much more than just a trend.
Both are key competencies in our digitalized and increasingly complex world. And they are a response to the challenges of our time, which is changing ever faster and challenges us with a multitude of stimuli.
What about mindfulness and resilience?
Mindfulness is the ability to focus our attention on the present moment with a quality of curious alertness, openness and acceptance.
Originating in materials science, resilience in psychology describes the human ability to cope well with setbacks and uncertainty.
So what's the point of all this?
The positive effects of mindfulness practice on the brain and our ability to manage ourselves have been scientifically proven.
Mindfulness helps us to become more present and to interrupt our automatic stimulus-response patterns more easily. Being more present enables empathic, situational behavior, clear focus, a flexible mind, and creative solutions. Mindfulness builds confidence in our own and shared resources, thus promoting resilience.
Mindfulness is more than meditation. It is also a mindset which is characterized by empathy, trust and appreciation. And it is one of the most effective answers to the challenges of our current time.
I am happy to support you in establishing mindfulness and resilience in your organization.
For that I use practice-oriented methods and exercises, including those from Search-Inside-Yourself (SIY), Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR), Mindful Self Compassion (MSC) and Salzburg Mindfulness Model (SAM).
The best way to take care of the future is to be mindful of the present.
Thich Nhat Hanh
Empathic and present leadership
- How can I as a leader focus on what is really important?
- How can I develop more empathy and emotional intelligence?
- How can I create space for coherent leadership behavior despite ambivalent challenges?
Strengthening connectedness and cooperation
- How do we handle multitasking and increasing demands within the team?
- How do I strengthen creativity and communication in my team?
- How do we structure our meetings and collaboration more efficiently and with greater focus?
Space for the here and now
- How do I interrupt unconscious stimulus-response patterns that hinder me in everyday life?
- How do I experience more lightness again instead of feeling driven?
- How do I remain calm, internally clear and focused even in stressful times?
Developing inner strength
- How do I act more confidently and calmly in crises and stormy times?
- How do I develop creative approaches to dealing with mental tension and emotional stress?
- And can resilience actually be learned?
Mind full? Or mindful?
- How do I integrate mindfulness into my everyday life?
- Which exercises do I use to train my resilience?
- And which routines are helpful for more focus and presence?